Not only are Disneyland and Disney World Resorts perfect destinations for families, newlywed couples of all ages are planning both their weddings and honeymoons at these famously fun destinations. It’s not very surprising when imagining the surprises that could be in store with some smart planning. Character guests. Carriage rides. There are seemingly endless ways to make magic with a Disney honeymoon registry.
It’s simple to create a custom Disney honeymoon wishlist with Honeymoon Wishes and share it with family and friends. All at no cost to the couple.
Ready to start planning your trip? When you book with Celebration Wishes Travel you can rest assured that every single detail of your trip will be handled with care. Fill out our interest form to learn more today!
How Does a Disney Honeymoon Registry Work
Think of it like a traditional registry. But instead of pots and pans, a newlywed couple can choose from a wide variety of honeymoon experiences like custom experiences in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and shopping at Disney Springs. Once the registry is complete, friends and family can contribute as much or little as they like.
Delivered in the form of a Disney Gift Card, the funds can help offset the total cost of the honeymoon. A couple can collect contributions anytime and as often as they like. There are no service fees to create a registry or make withdrawals. Perhaps best of all, the gift card doesn’t expire should they be planning a future trip to Disney.
For friends and family, the gift card leaves them feeling confident that honeymoon funds are being spent at one of the affiliated hotels, parks and stores instead of on, for example, a kitchen remodel or utility bill. Those living abroad enjoy perks, too. Using exchange services such as PayPal, all of their contributions can be withdrawn in the U.S. without any additional fees.
Where to Use Your Disney Gift Card
There are a variety of locations to apply funds from your Disney honeymoon registry. First talk to your partner and take time to research the different hotels, parks, restaurants, shops and beyond. By aligning your wishlist with your budget and timeline, you’ll be more prepared to create a magical itinerary with your Disney honeymoon registry. You can use your Disney gift card at these locations:
- Walt Disney World® Resort: Located near Orlando, Florida, the Walt Disney World Resort has 4 exciting theme parks and 2 water parks, featuring iconic attractions, magical encounters with beloved Disney characters and special seasonal events.
- Disneyland® Resort: Located in Anaheim, California, the Disneyland Resort treats guests to 2 theme parks, hotels, restaurants and more.
- Disney Cruise Line®: One of the most recognizable fleets in the world, Disney Cruise Line offers fun and relaxation for guests of all ages. It even drops anchor at a private island paradise!
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa: Located on the beautiful island of O‘ahu in Hawaii, Guests are given the chance to “discover their legends” at Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa. Walt Disney Imagineers worked hand in hand with local artisans and cultural experts to create this truly authentic Hawaiian experience.
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort: Known for its beautiful beaches, studios and multi-bedroom villas, family activities, golf courses and natural wonders, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is located on Florida’s scenic Atlantic Treasure Coast.
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort: Guests can relax on a beach or enjoy a wide variety of family-friendly activities at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, located on the picturesque coast of South Carolina. It was fashioned after a 1940's hunting and fishing lodge, combining local charm with simple pleasures.
- Adventures by Disney®: From Alaska to New Zealand and Costa Rica to Paris, Adventures by Disney delivers hassle-free, guided group vacations to destinations worldwide.
- Disney Store Locations (US, Canada & Puerto Rico) & ShopDisney.com: Find the latest, greatest, need-now assortment of authentic merchandise in store and online from franchises like PIXAR, Star Wars, Marvel and more.
The Most Popular Disney Honeymoon Registry Experiences
With so many to choose from, there’s rarely any trouble filling up a wishlist of Disney experiences. The real challenge is narrowing them down. Perhaps the most popular options among former newlyweds will help.
- A Bed of Roses with Bubbly: Delivered to your Disney resort, a lush, French display of dark red roses set in a bed of dark green moss and cradles a 750 ml bottle of wine or non-alcoholic sparkling beverage, arriving in a Large Mickey Metal Tray.
- Carriage rides: A horse-drawn carriage meanders through delightful scenic landscapes offered throughout the resorts.
- “Characters in Flight” Hot Air Balloon: The world’s largest tethered helium balloon floats gently over the Disney Springs area of the park. Passengers fly with Tinker Bell, Dumbo, Aladdin, Buzz Lightyear and several other characters.
- Cinderella's Royal Table: A once-in-a-lifetime chance to enjoy a fairytale dining experience inside Cinderella Castle.
- Disney Springs Shopping: Visitors are treated to an eclectic mix of unique shops, one-of-a-kind restaurants and lively entertainment.
- Fantasy Funds: Experience anything Disney with dedicated currency.
- Theme Park Snacks: Dole Whip. Cake pops. Pretzels. Popcorn. The list of deliciousness goes on and on!
- A Toast for Two: A more modest, yet equally romantic in-room celebration that includes Mickey Icon keepsake flutes, gourmet chocolates, and your selection of sparking wine.
- “Magic Your Way” Tickets: Base tickets with multiple options that can also be upgraded for even more magical experiences. Use these tickets to visit Theme Parks with epic experiences, like exploring Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the only place on Earth where visitors can write their own Star Wars story, fly the Millennium Falcon and explore a remote outpost where adventure awaits.
- Disney Character Breakfast: A delicious and exciting way to start the day, which includes appearances by popular Disney characters. Cameras and autograph books encouraged!
Four Ways to Maximize Contributions to Your Disney Honeymoon Registry
Your wishlist is complete! Before you share it with friends and family, follow a few simple steps to maximize contributions and ensure you and your partner enjoy the getaway of a lifetime! All it takes is a little bit of magic.
- Explain why you’ve chosen a Disney honeymoon, why it means so much to the both of you and what you’re most excited about.
- Personalize each wish on your list, describing why it’s been included.
- Offer different price points for friends and family, making contributions more likely regardless of their budgets.
- Incorporate photos and links. The former makes your Disney registry personal and touching, while the latter helps people imagine the experience more clearly.
Now’s the Time to Create Your Disney Honeymoon Registry
Celebration Wishes makes the entire process simple. At no cost to them, a couple can take advantage of all the tools and resources they need to create a custom wishlist, share it with their family and friends and make some magic.
Are you ready? Start by creating an account here.