If you’re looking for a fast-paced getaway brimming with rich culture, delicious food and an endless amount of activities, we highly recommend a New York honeymoon.
Planning your escape to the Big Apple after your big day, however, can be daunting for the same reasons it’s appealing. There are seemingly infinite amounts of places to stay and things to do! Where do you even start? Worry not. From swanky resorts to must-see hotspots in and around the city, we’ll help point you in the right direction with some of the most romantic places to stay and things to do in New York for couples.
Does this sound like a place you'd like to explore with your love? When you book with Celebration Wishes Travel you can rest easy knowing that every single detail of your trip will be handled with care. Fill out our interest form to get started planning your dream vacation today!
Places to Stay in New York for Couples
Whether you prefer charming old-world hotels, chic boutiques or swanky couples’ resorts, New York has it all. As you search for the ideal place to stay during your New York honeymoon, remember that the hotel’s location is just as important as its amenities. In addition to spa and room services, research the surrounding neighborhoods, culture, restaurants and more.
There are literally hundreds to choose from. Here are five of our favorite places to stay in our list of New York honeymoon places:
The Plaza: Located next to Central Park with recently renovated rooms and unparalleled service, the Plaza is an iconic hotel and perfect for a New York honeymoon. As a guest, you can take advantage of hallway butlers, room service and a concierge 24 hours a day. Treat yourself in the 8,000-square-foot Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa and then cruise Manhattan in the hotel's Rolls Royce free of charge.
Hotel Elysee: Enjoy the charm of a French bed and breakfast surrounded by a bustling Midtown East at Hotel Elysee. Its marble-floored lobby with fresh-cut lilies, a crystal chandelier and golden wallpaper is continued upstairs in the charming guest rooms. As if that wasn’t enough, a couple on a New York honeymoon often receives a box of chocolates and bottle of champagne.
Mandarin Oriental: Located on the southwest corner of Central Park with views of the river, the Mandarin Oriental is home to one of the city’s best spas and two of its hottest restaurants. The spa features a dreamy, VIP spa suite, which is perfect for newlyweds on their New York honeymoon. After the Experience Showers, Amethyst Crystal Steam Room, and Vitality Pool, you can head downstairs to Per Se or Masa for a delectable meal.
The Bowery Hotel: Located in a neighborhood that was once home to the city's punk rock music scene, the Bowery Hotel reveals a different side of New York. Chill out in the shabby-chic lobby with its stylish bar, dark wood ceiling, vintage furniture and Oriental rugs. Order a delicious meal at Gemma, surrounded by candelabra chandeliers. Then head up to your bright, comfortable, flawlessly appointed room with floor-to-ceiling windows.
The Standard, High Line: Last but far from least is The Standard in High Line park. You’ll feel as hip as you do sexy staying in this ultramodern hotel on your New York honeymoon. It features rooms with glass-walled showers and tubs that are visible from the main guest room, five bars and the renowned Standard Grill restaurant.
Things to Do in New York for Couples
Whatever you and yours consider a good time, New York delivers. Floating in a rooftop pool? Absolutely. Museum tour? No problem. Spa day? Of course. These activities and many others will likely be a short walk or ride from your hotel. As you build your New York honeymoon itinerary, remember to pay close attention to pricing. The city can be expensive in some cases and you’ll want to stretch your funds to experience as much as you can during your getaway.
There are so many things to do, it would be almost impossible to share them all. We managed to narrow our favorites down to the top ten things to do in New York on your honeymoon:
- The James Hotel Pool: A secret, sexy, and coveted rooftop retreat in Soho, the plunge pool is perfect for basking in the summer sun.
- The Great Jones Spa: An amazing experience without an excessive number of frills. Book a service and enjoy access to a large sauna, steam room, whirlpool and cold plunge.
- The Aire: A sensational journey across various baths at different temperatures that transport you to the ancient times of the Roman, Greek and Ottoman empires.
- The Met: Art comes alive through exhibitions and events every day, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and cultures.
- Broadway: Arguably America’s most famous street, there’s no better way to pick up on the city’s changing vibe and scenery than walking 50 blocks and taking in a show or two.
- Battery Park: Bring a picnic and take in stunning views of the Statue of Liberty, the Freedom Tower and the Jersey City skyline across the river.
- Central Park: Live performances, pedicab rides, row boating, natural beauty and more make a day or two in the park ideal for a New York honeymoon.
- Backroom: As one of only two speakeasies in the city that operated during Prohibition and is still in existence today, it had to make our list of New York honeymoon places.
- Mr. Purple: Located on the 15th floor of Hotel Indigo, this posh spot with terraces serves elevated bar food and cocktails.
- Jules Bistro: Our favorite spot to enjoy the finest jazz in the East Village. There are live performances every night and they also serve dinner and brunch.
We could list another hundred activities as well as dozens of additional charming old-world hotels, chic boutiques and swanky couples’ resorts—New York truly has it all. Starting with our lists and then doing some research on your own, the key is to find a place to stay and create an itinerary that meet your unique tastes. It’s all about you!
Start planning your New York honeymoon now on Celebration Wishes! We’ll help make a dream getaway to the Big Apple a reality. You can start by creating your registry, then add items such as room upgrades or spa services and share it with family and friends. You can choose from a variety of templates to announce your date, registry and website.