For many couples, the best part about getting married is the honeymoon. It's the reward for all the time and energy that went into the big day, and a memorable getaway that signifies the beginning of a new chapter. But with the average cost of a wedding skyrocketing to more than $35,000, little money is devoted to the trip of a lifetime.
You may be wondering what a honeymoon registry is after all. A honeymoon registry is a platform where couples can ask for gift money that can go towards their honeymoon travels rather than creating a traditional registry where guests purchase physical gifts.
That's where honeymoon registries come in. Certainly, pairs can opt for a more traditional gift registry, or they can ask for gifts that fulfill their wanderlust.
How Do Honeymoon Registries Work?
6 Benefits Of A Honeymoon Registry
Here are our top six reasons why every couple needs a honeymoon registry:
- Alternative Option to Traditional Registry Gifts: Chances are by the time vows are exchanged, the couple has already lived together long enough to accumulate most items found on a traditional wedding registry. It's no surprise then that the desire for more life experiences in lieu of pots, pans and flatware is more popular than ever. Honeymoon registries make that possible. Guests can gift anything from excursions to upgraded airfare, making the trip that much more spectacular.
- Subtle Way to Ask for Money: Creating a honeymoon registry is an easy and effective way to have a fund dedicated to your post-nuptial travels. While gift givers do select items on the registry to purchase for you as a couple, pairs will ultimately have the final say in how they choose to use money received.
- Gift Giving Made Simple: A full-service honeymoon registry like Celebration Wishes makes the gift-giving process simple and fun. As an exclusive partner of more than 800 resorts and cruise lines, Celebration Wishes enables wedding guests to simply upgrade a couple's itinerary either on their registry or on their wedding website.
- Ease Stress: Using a honeymoon registry allows friends and family to help ease the financial stress of planning both a memorable wedding and the trip of a lifetime. With over 70 destinations located in more than 50 countries, Celebration Wishes makes any honeymoon destination affordable.
- Seamless Integration with Wedding Website: Celebration Wishes does more than just make wishes come true. Tools like custom photo albums, blogs and RSVP cards make coordination easy for couples, friends, family and guests alike. We also offer custom wedding websites where guests can purchase personalized, trip-related gifts, making the gift giving more fulfilling than just writing a check.
- Contributed to by Friends & Family: Arguably the best part about honeymoon registries is that the vacation is made possible by friends and family. People closest to the newly married couple have the opportunity to make a dream trip a reality by gifting items the couple otherwise may not buy themselves.
While creating your registry it is important to consider the wording being used. As this is a new concept, asking for money towards your honeymoon or contributing to an experience or activity on your honeymoon is different.
Begin setting up your Celebration Wishes registry for free today!